I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Friday, October 7, 2011

Baling with the Massey.

Beautiful fall weather continues and I keep finding things that need to be done before winter. Like baling some oat straw with the Massey baler earlier this week. It worked perfectly, which is not always the case with balers. Never missed a knot or broke a shear pin and it produced good solid bales. I wouldn't want to handle as many in a day now as I did 40 years ago when I was just getting into serious farm work but I don't mind a few for a change.
Over an inch of rain last night has given me a chance to catch up on a few "rainy day jobs" that were overdue. I actually made a dent in the huge pile of paperwork that needs to be entered into the farm accounts. Not my favourite job but a necessary one.

3 comments:

  1. I was HOPING that we'd hear more from you as harvest wound down!

    I grew up with a MF dealer only about a mile up the road, so there were a lot of red tractors and machines in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could come stack for you. It is but a short drive...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey nice job, Ralph. The comment section is working today so thought I would say Hi as I dropped by. Always appreciate your comments.

    ReplyDelete