I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Good Time To Be A Lazy Farmer

Farm activity has slowed down some since harvest was completed here on Oct. 29. Just in time too as it was not long after that we had snow and even colder weather. With wind chill factors down in the -20 to -30 range for the last few days it is no kind of weather to work much outside. There is just enough snow to shovel a little. Helps to keep warm. Not enough to be a problem getting around yet. Grain movement is extremely slow and my September canola contract finally got hauled earlier this week. This was the year I planned to move as much grain as possible before winter set in. Guess that won't be happening at this rate.
I will post another "Lazy Farmer" cartoon from the 1960s. I am not trying to compete with the real Lazy Farmer who some days seems surprisingly busy

2 comments:

  1. Some days I am more like the lazy farmer's neighbor than I should be.

    ReplyDelete