I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Monday, April 28, 2014

April Snow, Again!

Well it is snowing again. If it was this bad yesterday I would not even have set out to the auction sale to deal with mud and snow. Who knows, I might have bid online instead, in the comfort of a warm house. And bought those items that I lost interest in yesterday. I didn't need it but that rusty IH Loadstar would have been a great parts truck for my "inventory". The cab and engine bay was infested with signs of a healthy population of mice, rats, maybe squirrels? Dealing with that mess and the risk of hantavirus toned down my enthusiasm for resurrecting this old beast and dragging it 40 some miles home over muddy roads.
As wet as the above picture looks, today would be far worse with everything covered in wet, melting snow.
 The local radio is filled with reports of dangerous highway conditions this morning due to the slush and snow. In a normal spring I would at least be planting potatoes in the garden if not field crops.
Maybe great uncle Jack was right when he commented that Sask. gets 9 months of winter and 3 months of poor sleighing?
One of the auctioneer's comments yesterday, "every year we plant and harvest a crop so come on and bid boys!" And they did.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing quite like a good dose of slushy melting snow mixed with mud to keep me inside! I would never make a good farmer. You have my admiration.

    ReplyDelete