I'm on Twitter

https://twitter.com/B110

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Frost

I guess its not unusual for us to get frost overnight in May and we had it last night. Ice in the cattle trough and cat dish this morning. Lucky I have no crop up to damage yet. There is talk in some areas that emerged canola suffered some damage from frost. It takes time to show.Re-seeding might happen for some.
Got in a good day of seeding wheat here (my first) after getting a couple of hundred  acres of canola planted. We are seeing a little dust behind the air seeder which is something we have not had a lot of in the past wet (mud) years.  That canola in  the dust will need a little rain shower to help it germinate. It might happen on the weekend.
I had a little help  in the field today
Mary running the 2090 and harrow packer.
While I seeded wheat on canola stubble. Good looking sunset. Should be a nice day tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Is that the royal "we," Ralph, or do you have a wife you haven't been telling us about? Who is this Mary of whom you speak? Oh you are a cryptic one, mister. -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't give too much information away. Usually its just me out there but my sister in law helps out when the pressure is on to get the job done. And a fine tractor driver she is. (Trucks too).

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. No fish here, just frogs and ducks and assorted water fowl. Beaver pests too.

      Delete

  3. So all the point which as you mention i am totally agreed.
    Thanks for your kind information.
    goldenslot
    สูตรบาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete