I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Much Ado About Nothing

That is my opinion about the much heralded upcoming solar eclipse. People are traveling many miles and buying special glasses to watch the eclipse of the sun. I seem to be one of the few that feel no inclination to do either. We are well out of the path of totality here in Sask. but even if we were in it, I would not be risking my eyesight by looking directly at the sun. Even with special glasses or a welding helmet. Permanent eye damage is just not worth it. Not worth it
In other news, I've been busy swathing a rather Poor Crop Of Canola. No big surprise considering the lack of rain we have had through the growing season. Maybe I should be surprised it as good as it is.
No doubt the rains will start once I swath my oats. Rain now is too late to help this year's crop but it might help next year's. Be nice to green up the grass for the cattle too.
Currently editing and saving a video of last week's mud bogs and classic car shows and hoping the old laptop does not crash again before the save is complete.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear the canola is so poor. Pray for a price spike, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the eclipse. I was washing a pickup at 1:09 and took a picture of the truck and eclipse as I looked out the door. Then went outside and..........went back inside.

    ReplyDelete