I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Monday, March 25, 2019

Hauling Wheat March 2019

I'm not normally a morning person but I've been up well before the sun the past 3 days. Wheat contract needed to be filled now that the terminal finally had rail cars but we had to do it "on the frost" to avoid tearing up my yard and driveway while it was thawed. Saturday morning was a false alarm as it barely froze the surface overnight but Sunday was a go. 18F overnight and the mud was hard as concrete. So even a loaded semi did not leave a track.

This morning was the same and with an extra truck on the job it was all done by dinner before the ground turned to mud.




2 comments:

  1. Yeah, city folks think you can go anywhere with a tractor or a truck with chains. That isn't true in the first place and true farmers don't want to tear up their ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had to pull a loaded semi once, maybe twice, and I don't want to do it again.

      Delete