I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Friday, April 30, 2021

Trying To Make It Rain

 Only a few years ago we had so much rain, mud, problems, that I was complaining about it. Now we have gone the other extreme. Been way short on precipitation for almost a year now. We survived on timely showers last growing season and the crops did ok. Lately it seems that predicted showers never happen. The ground is dry enough to be seeding but its been cold and dry and kind of uninspiring to get out in the field. I can't do much yet until the cleaning plant calls for my oats to clean. Hopefully next week. Grain contract to haul out also coming up next week. Plus the anhydrous tank should arrive so I should be able to start putting that on the canola stubble. I see my records indicate I didn't do much before mid May last year so I will take some consolation from that. 

If we don't get good rains after seeding it won't matter much if I'm late or early. I think its almost as dry as the driest year I ever knew, 1988. 

I got some roof repair done on the "century shack" this week. Planted another row of potatoes too. Theres more but its late and I'm falling asleep here waiting for a video to upload to yt. 


8 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of your situation--even praying a bit about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gorges. This drought covers a huge area going right down into the U.S. from what I can see.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Nothing yet. Still waiting in hope like everybody else.

      Delete
  3. Thought of you at work in Margo yesterday while perusing the cemetery map. There is an Adolphine Goff, buried there in 1927. Any relation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that I know of. There were also some in the Star City area but we could not find any relatives connected.

      Delete
  4. Stubblejumpers CafeMay 12, 2021 at 3:03 PM

    I'll go out and do a rain dance right now. -K.

    ReplyDelete