I started harvest 17 days ago and it should not take that long to do just over 700 acres with this big combine. Obviously weather has been the holdup. Yet another damp morning with heavy overcast means a late start if we even get going. I have plenty of good help for when conditions are good to go. Have already harvested a lot of tough wheat. Just can't wait for it to be totally dry at this time of year.
Yesterday's sample was 16% and warm so it went into one of the two aeration bins just to be safe. Days are short now and usually as soon as the sun sets the wheat straw gets tough enough to cause problems and I quit rather than break something. 130 acres still to do and that is more than 2 days of work right now.
Maybe harvest some potatoes this morning while I am waiting on the weather to make up it's mind.
Drone view of the yard early this morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment