I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

How I Waste Some Time


I guess some would consider it a waste of time but I put a lot of effort into parking as much of my machinery as I can indoors. Not that any of it is particularly modern or expensive but I like to keep it looking good and away from the devastating effects of sun and rain on paint and rubber.
Having limited space means everything needs to be parked pretty close together. Seldom used vehicles need to borrow a battery from a "runner" . In fact I think I used that same battery to start 3 vehicles that day.
Plus, it is an excuse to take the "toys" out for a bit of exercise. Neat to hear the sound of the old John Deere 2 cylinder . It was my Uncle's tractor and this marks just about to the day, ten years since he died.
In other news, haying has begun for me. I cut a few patches of grass and baled it with the square baler. Needed a few small squares to replenish the supply in the hayloft. The rest I will do with the round baler as it is a lot less labour intensive.
More grass to cut but lucky I waited til last night's big rain was over. An inch and a quarter on top of hay swaths is not a good thing. Hopefully we get a week of mostly dry weather now.

3 comments:

  1. I have to say how clean your shed is. What size is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old JD DOES have a different sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. The shed is only ten years old so hasn't had time to fill up with too much useless junk yet. Its 50 wide by 64 long with an 18 foot wall. A "Strayt A" building.

    ReplyDelete