I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Monday, November 12, 2012

No News And Unknown Soldiers

No big news here, just snowed in from the heavy snowfall of the weekend. I've shoveled lots of snow and still lots to go. Eventually I will install the snowblower on the tractor and do some serious snow moving. I think I might be able to get out with the four wheel drive and snow tires but today I  have nowhere to go and all day to get there.
Been meaning to post this picture of  unknown soldiers that I have in my possesion.  Writing on the back says "Ant. Kuryk , Hatherleigh, Sask.". I'd never heard of Hatherleigh but according to google it still exists at least in name. Probably a rural post office in the old days.
Anybody care to guess the location of the photo? Canals of Venice? Is that a volcano in the background?

1 comment: