I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Deer Shortage?

Heard on the news a while back that the White tail deer population in Sask. was down and hunters were having a hard time getting their deer. Complaints were made that the DNR should not have issued so many deer tags. Maybe, but I see no evidence of a shortage locally. Tracks through my yard all the time and trail cam images catch up to 6 deer per frame sometimes. I don't see as many bucks, mostly does and young. This image from my yard one October night shows one laying down to relax while two others graze on grass and grain cleaned off the harvest machinery. I guess I should be a deer hunter.

2 comments:

  1. Send your hunters down to West Virginia! PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use one camera for a security camera and I've got deer walking through my carport.

    ReplyDelete