I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Friday, June 13, 2014

Lilac Time


Yes, its that time of year again and I've been meaning to take a picture but never seem to take the time to stop. This morning I did. It isn't Kew Gardens and its plenty far from London but here is the blooming lilac bush on display at "The Poplars", the Ernest Nevard homestead. I wonder if Ernest and Mary were thinking of the lilacs at Kew Gardens when they planted these lilacs so many years ago on their homestead in a wild and distant land, far from where they grew up in the U.K. Maybe this was a little reminder of where they came from.
As usual I was racing against inclement weather trying to get crop spraying done. With threatening rain and rising wind (both bad news for spraying herbicides) I still stopped for just a minute to take this shot with the lilacs in the background of the tractor and sprayer.
3 hours and 90 acres later the sprayer tank was empty and I was on the way home in strong winds but still no rain.

2 comments:

  1. There was a huge lilac bush at the home where I grew up, but the current owners cut it down. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorges, the lilac is a pretty tough bush to kill. We see many here that survive long after the farm is abandoned. Between them and carragana they are sometimes the only sign that someone used to live there.

    ReplyDelete