I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Back In The Oat Field 2016



Part 4 of harvest 2016. Got a few more acres done between rains. Managed to  keep working til 3:00 am without getting lost, falling asleep or driving over anything I shouldn't. Then it rained. After that it dried up for a few more days before the next rain, and the cycle continues. Currently sitting here at near 3 inches of rain with it likely turning to snow by morning.  I guess the flax will stand through it. And if I'm being optimistic, I might even harvest it this fall before real winter sets in.

2 comments:

  1. When we grew oats back in the 70's, it was just for filler in hog feed. What are they using it for now a days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its still feed for livestock. Price is poor right now but they have been a pretty good option in crop rotation when the price was better.

      Delete