I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Sunday, March 15, 2015

More On The Mercury

I'm sure loyal readers have been wondering when I will ever get around to actually trying to start this old Merc . Today, March 15, I was so inspired as it was mostly sunny with the temp relatively warm at 40 degrees. And since I had nothing more important to do I set the wheels in motion for a test start. This old flathead Merc has been sitting in the woods for over 30 years so I did not have high hopes of it actually running. After un-sticking numerous stuck valves I was able to get compression on 7 out of 8 cylinders. Guess that last cylinder is going to need a little more "un-sticking". Rig up a temporary gas tank and set a huge tractor battery in the box to supply cranking power (its a six volt system) and proceed.
Of course I shot some video just in case anything exciting happened.

2 comments: