I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Last Day Of Summer





Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Last Day Of Summer

Since Monday was the first day of Autumn I guess I will call Sunday the last day of summer. I took a drive in the Merc along one of the scenic creekside roads for a few pictures. Looked like a great harvest day. And it would have been if the grain in the fields was not still recovering from numerous rain soakings. The sample I tested later that afternoon was almost 20% moisture which is well above safe storage levels. Fine if you have a dryer to deal with it. But does a dryer even pay now? Propane fuels a lot of them and our new carbon tax applies to it increasing the cost up to 8% according to some. The grain is already below last year's prices and now, downgraded by rain damage (sprouting) it will be worth even less. Likely feed grade. So increase our "carbon footprint" to dry grain that is barely profitable already? At this point I would have been better off to get 100% hail damage to all my crops and collect the insurance.

You guessed , it rained again this morning.

So now blogger only allows photos to be added from online storage? Guess that means no picture today. Here is a video of Sunday's drive. More satisfying than harvesting damp grain.

No comments:

Post a Comment