I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Days Go By

Days go by so quickly now it seems. As I sit here catching up on email and eating a late (11:00) supper I guess it is not surprising that time passes quickly this time of year. It is almost a blur of activity and I will forget just what I did when if I don't at least make some note of it.
Second day back in the field after a break for rain last week. Planting wheat but finished the field and changed over to canola in late afternoon. I took this "seeding selfie" while standing on the tank watching the fertilizer fill up.

I edited the original in windows paint to be right side up but blogger does not recognize it. It is too late and I am too tired to investigate the alternatives to edit here. 
It got really quiet in the evening so when I shut down the air seeder I took the opportunity to burn the last of the flax straw piles. 
It produced much light and smoke and made for an interesting photo. 

4 comments:

  1. No kidding! I'm groundskeeping during the day and working on tractors/attempting to farm in the evening and on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. The days speed by. No time for Sunday motorcycle rides, listening to Tom T Hall, looking for lazy farmer cartoons, blogging...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday at Church I noticed my friend kept falling asleep. When he told me the number of acres he was attempting to work this spring it made me tired. I guess that is farming.

      Delete
  2. Just don't forget to sleep, Ralph; the body needs it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Gorges. And I'll try to stop the tractor before sleeping :-)

      Delete