I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Cold

No, not the weather, just  a lousy head cold that hit me a couple of days ago.  I've had worse but its still miserable enough. Glad it waited til I finished the grain trucking. Although I 've got a bin of canola I need to transfer this week, weather permitting. I'll try not to think about that $1.50 or so per bushel I have lost on it since this time last year. Thanks to the political problems with China
So heres the latest video showing my Rube Goldberg repair on the rear axle of the 52 Merc. Its a nice new bearing but the problem was the housing that the bearing sits in had a bit of wear so the bearing was not tight in it. I used my old standby, J.B. Weld to build up the worn area. A different formulation this time. It did not look too inspiring as I applied it and bolted it all together. But I guess time will tell how well it worked. Its entirely possible the new bearing might have worked just fine without any assistance from me.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you get better soon and that the bearing works fine. Heat might be the problem, I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colds suck. Be well, Ralph -- right away.
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Half the people at my job have been out sick. So far I've avoided it.

    ReplyDelete