I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Friday, May 13, 2022

Drought Might Be Over

As much as we needed rain here it is a bit poor timing. Just when we should be in the field planting crops we are now rained out with over 3 inches over the past week. I managed to get out in somewhat muddy conditions and finish applying anhydrous and glad I did it yesterday. Some of the big acreage guys are well into it with many acres seeded but I'm guessing many like me have not started. I know one of these days I will find out what each of those big tanks of anhydrous cost me but right now I don't want to think about it. Or the many gallos of diesel fuel even a small farmer like me has to burn to get the job done. High grain prices help but I wonder if they also help push up the cost of our inputs? Or can we blame it all on Putin's war?

No comments:

Post a Comment