I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Friday, March 7, 2014

Not All That Bad

Lest readers might think, based on this morning's blog post, that the sky is falling here in Sask. I should point out that life is still pretty good out here on the farm. I really shouldn't do blogs in the mornings as I am not a morning person and tend to have a negative outlook at that time of day.
The comments re: the Canadian Wheat Board and lack of grain movement are still true but I guess as long as I have grain to sell and able to pay my bills I won't complain. The grain may be carried over into next year before I can sell it, unless I am content to sell at a poor price. The dry grain will be fine but the higher moisture wheat will need watching and probably "turning" which means moving a load out of one bin and into another to prevent "hot spots" from forming.
Sunshine and blue sky today and it felt positively warm at just a little above 0F degrees. Warmer weather is on the way. A perfect clear and quiet night out there right now at midnight. Sky full of stars, not a breath of wind or a sound to be heard in the -15 degree temperatures.
Freeze frame from today's video. Six inches of new snow. Don't put that snow shovel away just yet.

1 comment:

  1. My wife and I watched a show on TV last night of house-movers in your province. I don't think I'd want to drive a 70 ton house across a frozen lake, but that's what THEY did! Guess that -30 weather has SOME redeeming virtues.

    ReplyDelete