I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Canola Swathing Etc.


Day 3 of swathing canola. Its going well. Fields much better than last year with no risk of getting stuck in mud. The crop is looking pretty fair but at no time could I say whether I am too early or too late with the swathing. One minute the crop is as green as grass and should not be cut. Next minute it is dry and shelling out so bad on the reel that I wonder why I wasn't swathing last week.
Bugs are everywhere including the ubiquitous cabbage butterflies. At times the swallows dive down almost touching the swather reel to catch the bugs stirred up by the swather movement through the crop. The air screens of the engine are coated with living and dead mosquitos and other bugs at the end of the day.
Heres a few seconds of video from inside the cab. 180 degrees of scenery out there all day long. Not a bad place to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment