I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Messing About With Old Tractors

Reminded me of a quote from the Wind In The Willows although I think water rat was talking about boats when he said, "Believe me my young friend, there is nothing half so much worth doing as messing about in boats".

There was a purpose to this recent activity with old tractors. The Ford tractor way in the back of the shed was going on it's last long ride and the Massey Harris was in the way so they both needed starting. After maybe 14 years of rest it took a bit of persuasion but it was not long and they were running. The old Ford moved under it's own power onto the trailer.

And no, the tractor is not going to China as scrap iron as to much of our old iron does these days.. It is headed to the U.K.

5 comments:

  1. Is someone planning to restore the old tractor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know this one will be a "donor" tractor to build another one. So it will live on in some form of tractor.

      Delete
  2. Is that a Ferd Dextra Automatic tractor? That would be a very interesting tractor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the 6000 Commander has the Selectospeed 10 speed transmission. I've heard a lot of bad things about it but this one seemed to work ok for the jobs my brother did with it.

      Delete
  3. I hope this finds you and yours doing well. Mindless Ramblings and Nevard Blog has been added to our new Site Directory, SiteHoundSniffs.com. The linked header for Mindless Ramblings is under All, Audio/Visual, Daily Life and Canada. Nevard Blog is under All, History and Canada. In essence, SiteHoundSniffs is just a grander version of an individual’s blogroll or favorite sites list. Please email me at jerryebeuterbaugh@sitehoundsniffs.com if you want more details or have the site removed. I am sorry for failing to find a way to contact you privately.

    ReplyDelete