I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Monday, April 6, 2020

Spring Walk In The Pasture

No, not this spring. I'm looking back at spring of 1988 and 90 in the continuing series of converted vhs home videos. It was a beautiful spring day with snow melting and water running across the dead grass from last fall. My dad and dog came along to check out the scenery. Later in the video I jump back to the dry and early spring of 1988 that would turn out to be the hottest and driest year in my farming history, before or since. Can it really be 30+ years ago?

4 comments:

  1. Having grown up in hill country, this all seems strange to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son Emil was born during that hot streak of days in June 1988. When I was in the hospital, they were overrun by a larger than usual number of women in labour and had makeshift curtained beds for us while they were run off their feet. I guess it was pretty crazy.-Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first nephew was born that same time in the heat wave. I think it was pretty much on time though. But the intense heat of that summer is memorable.

      Delete