I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Early Winter

Since winter has set in early this year I had to start feeding hay bales November first. Last year November was warmer than normal with no snow and I didn't start feeding til the last week in November. A layer of snow several inches deep makes it harder to find the frozen and dry grass that remains after the dry summer. So the cattle are appreciating the hay bales I put out. At least I hope so. If nothing else it is good exercise I guess.
I mixed up a tank of winter diesel for the old Massey so it won't gel up at super cold temps. (I hope). Shot some video of a typical day here this week.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you take the twine off. I've heard of cattle losing their tongues due to farmers NOT removing the twine.

    ReplyDelete