I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Repairing the JD


This looked like a huge repair job yesterday after the front axle collapsed. I was actually starting to look at replacine the whole machine but figured that would be taking the easy way out. After almost 20 years I know this machine inside and out and it probably knows it's way around the yard better than I do so I went ahead and tackled the job.
It turned out to be easier than I expected. Easy, weldable metal and a bonus, I now know how to remove and replace the front axle of the tractor.

2 comments:

  1. Atta boy! (We ALL need an "atta boy" once in a while!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!!
    They were expecting you to throw away the broke one and buy a new one. If more people would fix the stuff they have, quality would come back into style.
    Of course when you start with good metal, things are easier to fix. That cheap stuff they have now a days, probably would've blown right through with the welder.

    ReplyDelete