I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Monday, March 20, 2017

New Brake Hoses For The Merc

More messing about with the Mercury. The Rock Auto front brake hoses arrived in good time by mail and I had to try one on just to see if it fit. It did. I even went the extra mile and replaced the cracked up Michelin XW4 tire with a much better Cooper Discover tire from my used inventory. The car is getting safer all the time. That new back seat installation is kind of dragging. I've got it set in proper position but have yet to make brackets to bolt the seat down.

This first day of spring was not too inspiring to get out and work on it . That wind was wild again and the odd bit of snow mixed with it.




4 comments:

  1. Yeah, after 65 years I'd say you got your money's worth out of them. Also, those new tires are a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those "new tires" are probably close to 15 years old but they are solid and free of cracks and enough tread to keep me happy.

      Delete
  2. I hope the new hose lasts as long as the old one. It would be a shame to have to crawl under there again before 2082!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They only have to last a few years for me Gorges. But there are a few other issues that require crawling underneath it if I get around to it.

      Delete