I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Thursday, January 8, 2015

A Letter From Jack

This is the only written correspondence I have by Jack (John) Goff
Date I am guessing at 1941 or 42. Written to his niece.

My Dear Niece
I received your welcome letter yesterday and did as you asked me and I guess the boy is home by this time as dad was down this morning before I was up.
I have not heard from Leslie for a long time but Sandy told me a long time ago that they expect him home for harvest but have not heard any more about him.
No dear, I did not hear any more about Sandy going up any trees but I see him very often in town. He has left Mr. Van and is home now.
Say you must have a snap herding just a couple sheep. Wish I was close enough to come and give you a hand with them but I would not give you a hand painting. I do not like that job a little bit.

When you come home let me know and I will meet you at the bus if I can and if I am not there, come on down. You know where I live. So I guess that's about all.
                                                                                                        Your loving Uncle
                                                                                                          J. Goff


No comments:

Post a Comment